"IF YOU WANT TO HURT SOMEONE, LIE TO THEM. IF YOU WANT TO TOTALLY SCREW THEM UP, TELL THEM THE TRUTH"







Friday, April 29, 2011

To be or not to be "Politically Correct"

Seriously.  What the hell does that mean? Politically correct.  Does it just come down to not saying exactly what you feel sometimes to the person who really needs to hear it?? They, meaning apparently the people who think they know how things should be in the universe, have determined that it is not ok to say certain things in certain places to certain people.  For instance, Merry Christmas.  W@W....a nice gesture turned into a religious stab at someone who isn't religious or who has chosen to kneel at the feet of some other higher power.  

There are certain people in this world who need to be told when they are being assholes...because believe it or not...we all can be.  I admit it.  I'm an asshole.  Kind of being one now I suppose.  But, I am so completely tired and exhausted of listening to people talk garbage and criticize others for their mistakes unwilling to reflect on their own basic human weaknesses.  

With everything that is going on around the world, between religious persecution, political persecution, floods, famine, fire and fuck ups, shouldn't the right to say exactly what we mean to whom we mean it still be a human right? I would like to retain the right to say what I want and I believe that you should have the right to tell me why I'm wrong, right, etc....I give attitude, you give it back. Quid pro quo.  

There, that is off of my mind.  Going now to shake it off and enjoy the rest of this rainy day...

Cheers! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment